Hughes Blog
Thoughts on Software Development, Project Management, Parenting, and Running.
Sunday, December 12, 2004
Dallas White Rock Marathon Relays
For the past 7 years I have put together a five man relay team for the Dallas White Rock Marathon. This year was no exception. For the past five years we won the Odds and Ends Division. Two years ago our team beat Arturo Barrio's Team! That was cool. Anyway, this year I came down with a cold on Tuesday and was fighting that all week. Then my leadoff runner came up lame - pulled muscle - and we had to replace him with a guy who was also running the half marathon. So long story short we dropped a minute from our time last year and came in second place this year. [Late Breaking news - another team has been moved into our division which has pushed us to third place.]

My performance was clearly effected by the cold. I was 12 seconds per mile slower compared to my Thanksgiving Day Five Miler. That said my time was EXACTLY the same as I ran on the relay last year. That was good and bad - good in that I was not a drag on the team. Bad because well obviously I was running better this fall. Last year I was struggling with a cold and sinus infection - so it was not surprising that my times were similar.

Also - for those of you who have not yet heard - Arthur Lydiard died in his sleep last night. He will be sorely missed.

DWRM Relay Results

Regards,

Chris


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

All views expressed in this post and on this blog are my own. None of my comments should be construed to represent the views of others including and not limited to: BMC Software Inc., Corel Corporation, Dun and Bradstreet and AC Nielsen. Copyright Chris Hughes 2004-2012