Hughes Blog
Thoughts on Software Development, Project Management, Parenting, and Running.
Tuesday, January 04, 2005
Playing Possum For Real
The Possum is likely the dumbest animal on the face of the earth.

It has been raining for two, maybe three days straight here in N Texas. As a result all of my usual running places are flooded. This morning I resolved to find a new route for my 60 minute run.

It was early, before 6:00am when I headed out. I went out to FM544 and headed west. Usually I'd turn south on Park Vista, but that is a dirt road, and would be really muddy. So I continued West. The last time I had run this section, a jerk tried to hit me on the Rowlett Creek bridge. Since then they have rebuilt the bridge making it more accessible to foot traffic. I got up to Bradford Road, Turned there and made my way back on Renner Road.

As I made my way up the hill just past Park Vista, I encountered a Possum that was digging around on the side of the road. I was on the grass to the right of this animal. I made some noise in an effort to shoe the critter off the road. Instead, the Possum froze. I continued home.

I didn't think much about it until I came back home for lunch. And there smashed in the road right where I left it this morning was that Possum. Playing dead for real.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

All views expressed in this post and on this blog are my own. None of my comments should be construed to represent the views of others including and not limited to: BMC Software Inc., Corel Corporation, Dun and Bradstreet and AC Nielsen. Copyright Chris Hughes 2004-2012