First, the Ford Excursion needed an oil change and a new fuel filter. The beast has a 7.3 Turbo Diesel Engine built for school busses by International. It holds 4 gallons of oil, the oil filter is humungous, and the fuel filter costs $25. Total cost of today's maintenance: $70.
On my way back from the auto parts joint, I picked up some fertilizer for the lawn. I have a half acre of Bermuda Grass. It loves 3-1-2 ratio lawn food. When I got home, I fired up the lawn tractor and spread the fertilizer. Then I fired up the sprinkler system to soak the food into the ground.
Fran has been complaining about that the brakes on the lawn tractor were not working. Plus she had ripped the steel ring around the blade housing a while ago. So, it looked like a good time to go to work on the lawn tractor. I drained the oil, the gas, and removed the battery. That allowed me to set the tractor on its rear end. I replaced the blade housing ring and then sharpened the blade. In the process of sharpening the blade, my dremel tool bit the big one. I finished the sharpening procedure by hand with a file (the old fashioned way)! Then I got the air hose and blew out all of the grass on the top of the deck and elsewhere. Then I did the same with the hose. Finally I fixed the brakes. Then I put it all back together.
Well that's all so far. Marissa wants me to jump on the tramp with her, but I don't think that I have the energy.
All views expressed in this post and on this blog are my own. None of my comments should be construed to represent the views of others including and not limited to: BMC Software Inc., Corel Corporation, Dun and Bradstreet and AC Nielsen. Copyright Chris Hughes 2004-2012