Hughes Blog
Thoughts on Software Development, Project Management, Parenting, and Running.
Friday, July 22, 2005
A spring and a rubber band
When I awoke this morning my jaw was incredibly sore. The Torture Wire was working. I dragged my butt out of bed and found some advil. Then I got a nice glass of ice cold water. The wire is heat reactive. Cold water causes the wire to contract and provide RELIEF! Sadly my body also requires caffine. And then as I fired up the espresso machine - Bam! A bracket had broken which of course released much of the tension on the wire. Thank you lord!

Dr B is only open from 8 until 11 on Fridays. So I called them and they asked me to come in. When I arrived. Dr. B told me that he was surprised that the bracket had not popped yesterday. I gotta wonder why they even sent me off. Apparently he had already determined plan B. Plan B is a spring and a rubber band.

Instead of placing a bracket on my twisted, problematic tooth, he put a spring on the Torture Wire which is aligned between the brackets on either side of the problematic tooth. Then they tied a rubber band around the problem tooth and tied it to the Torture Wire.

So without the problem bracket, the tension is way less. But my jaw is still incredibly sore.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

All views expressed in this post and on this blog are my own. None of my comments should be construed to represent the views of others including and not limited to: BMC Software Inc., Corel Corporation, Dun and Bradstreet and AC Nielsen. Copyright Chris Hughes 2004-2012