Hughes Blog
Thoughts on Software Development, Project Management, Parenting, and Running.
Saturday, September 24, 2005
Texans - 0 Two Touch -3
I was not at today's game as I was assigned to take Logan to her game. Earlier this week I had handicaped the game as follows:
Two Touch is currently in second place with two wins and a tie. They
have played two of our opponents in League Play. As we did, they
played to a 1-1 draw against Texas Heat in their first game. Then
they came back and beat Spirit 1-0. This weekend they beat the
Longhorns 3-2 with the interesting note that these are the only goals
the horns have scored in league play.

Based on these results, I'd say it will be another close match. If we
can get the ball in the net first, we will win!

Well we didn't get the ball in first and we did not win. Apparently, it was close the first half. Of course soccer is a game of attrition.

Coach Joe had a conflict for today's game. He apparently told the girls that he would be at thier game. Sadly, he did not show. The girls were really pumped up that he had 'chosen' them. It really pisses me off that he built them up and then pulled the rug out from under them.

So for the fourth time, Dan coached the team. Dan is husband of Tamara, the manager, and father of Lauren, one of our defenders. After the game Dan ripped into the girls, which also hacks me off. He has no standing in my book to be anything other than nice to my daughter.

So, I have written the coaching directors about this. Hassan Nazari is the founder of the club and is one of the coaching directors. He has assured me that this is not how the club operates. He has promised to come to the team meeting which was called for Monday.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

All views expressed in this post and on this blog are my own. None of my comments should be construed to represent the views of others including and not limited to: BMC Software Inc., Corel Corporation, Dun and Bradstreet and AC Nielsen. Copyright Chris Hughes 2004-2012