Hughes Blog
Thoughts on Software Development, Project Management, Parenting, and Running.
Sunday, October 30, 2005
Brewers Note - 1.054 SG
Todays batch resulted in a 1.054 specific gravity. That is exactly the same as the last batch. In spite of that, this batch should have a decidedly different character due the use of completely different hops. I also used 12 grams of Saaz for finishing rather than the 8 grams that I had planned. It turns out that I still have one more Hallertau plug in spite of my earlier comments.

Fran got a bit upset with me today. As I was planning my brew this morning, I commented that I could use a good digital scale that weighed down to the gram and that such a scale would make a great Xmas present. Fran looked at me the way only a wife can look. Then she marched over to one of our cabinets and dug out a box that contained a digital scale. She thrust that scale into my hands and said, "Do you mean like this one that I gave for Xmas last year??"

ehhh, yeah just like that....

The new scale is awesome, BTW. Its a Phillips Essence 2394. Highly Recommended.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

All views expressed in this post and on this blog are my own. None of my comments should be construed to represent the views of others including and not limited to: BMC Software Inc., Corel Corporation, Dun and Bradstreet and AC Nielsen. Copyright Chris Hughes 2004-2012