Hughes Blog
Thoughts on Software Development, Project Management, Parenting, and Running.
Sunday, October 30, 2005
Brewers Note - Results and New Production
I have been sampling the Oct 16 production
. It is spectacular if I do say so myself. That batch used the last of the Hallertau Hops that I had on hand. Yesterday Logan and I made a run to the Brew Store to pick up some more supplies.

I like to use fresh whole hops. They had some Saaz (3.5%) and some Kent Goldings (6.5%) in stock so I bought a bag of each. Today we will make a variation on Big Ed's Munich Style which is called Big Ed's Triple Threat. The main difference is that we will use 3/4 ounces of Challenger Hops, plus one ounce of the Kent Goldings as our boiling hops. Then we will use a half ounce of the Saaz to finish. Nice. :-)

The kettle is already fired up!


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

All views expressed in this post and on this blog are my own. None of my comments should be construed to represent the views of others including and not limited to: BMC Software Inc., Corel Corporation, Dun and Bradstreet and AC Nielsen. Copyright Chris Hughes 2004-2012