Hughes Blog
Thoughts on Software Development, Project Management, Parenting, and Running.
Monday, December 26, 2005
Honey Do's
And I don't mean melons. I bought Fran one of these fancy Hansgrohe faucets to replace the 10 year old Moen in our kitchen. I had noticed that the crappy valves weren't working either - so I needed to replace those too. And, the Moen had trim to fit over a standard 3 hole sink. The Hansgrohe did not - so I needed to get some trim thingys as well. First stop Home Depot. I found a nice stainless plug for one hole. I figured I'd put a soap dispenser in the second hole. The depot had chrome dispensers but not nickel or stainless. And the depot did not have the nice quarter turn ball valves. So I punted on the Depot and headed to Lowes - which conveniently is right next door. Lowes had my valves, they also had a brushed nickel soap dispenser. But only chrome plugs. So I got the valves and soap dispenser and went back to the depot to get my plug and then headed home and finished the installation. Neither Depot nor Lowes had a stainless "air gap" which is the doo-hicky for the dishwasher - so I still need to upgrade that. But the rest of the install went perfectly!

Now before all of that, I had Fran's Step dad bring his Expedition over so that I could change his fuel filter. The freaking filter requires this little plastic "tool" which costs a half a cent to make and it pisses me off that they just don't include the stupid thing with each filter. My truck also needed a new fuel filter so I did that one too.

It was a beautiful day and one that necessitated taking the bike over to the depot. I recently purchased new Kuryakyn levers, mirrors and covers for the brake and clutch reservoirs. So I put those on the bike before making my run the depot.

For the rest of the week:

* Fix the stupid garage door
* Fix the stupid leak at the rent house
* Fix the stupid plug on Fran's lapop
* Clean the air cleaner on my truck
* Fit more new parts on the motorcycle
* Replace the SIX speakers in Fran's truck
* Rotate the tires on my truck
* Take down all the Christmas Decorations and stick them in the attic
* Fix the OS on Big Daddy
* Fix the stupid Tivo

There has gotta be more....


Comments:
You crack me up.
It's a shame to have so much that generates so many stupid things to do! LOL!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

All views expressed in this post and on this blog are my own. None of my comments should be construed to represent the views of others including and not limited to: BMC Software Inc., Corel Corporation, Dun and Bradstreet and AC Nielsen. Copyright Chris Hughes 2004-2012