Hughes Blog
Thoughts on Software Development, Project Management, Parenting, and Running.
Sunday, January 01, 2006
Hello 2006
Last night Fran and I went to the Stars Game. The Stars were horrific. However, in the third period Modano scored two power play goals to get them back in the game. We rode the Dart Train down to the AAC which was cool. We also had a nice meal at Pappadeaux before the game.

Today I put the Handlebar Helmet Locks on the bike.

Of course I took the bike for a test ride - which locks me in for my January ride. Then the kids all wanted rides, so I took each of them out for a long ride too! It's my policy to make sure to ride the bike at least once each month. It can be tricky finding a nice day in Dec, Jan and Feb!

Two more speakers are in Fran's Truck.

Marissa and I thought we saw some Martins yesterday. We are several weeks early - but who knows what with the warm weather and all. So Marissa and I cleaned out the Martin House and put it into position.

I have only one more day before heading back to work. Here is the current honey do status:

* Fix the stupid plug on Fran's laptop
* Get two more correctly fitting speakers for Frans Truck
* Replace the three speakers in Fran's truck
* Rotate the tires on my truck
* Fix the OS on Big Daddy
* Fix the stupid Tivo
* Fix Marissa's very smart computer (its apparently running slow)

Here is the list of stuff that is now done:

* Clean the air cleaner on my truck
* Paint and caulk the gable vents
* Fix the garage door: Phase A, Phase B.
* Take down all the Christmas Decorations and stick them in the attic
* Install the Kuryakyn Levers, mirrors and covers on the motorcycle
* Purchase Fran an organizer
* Replace the stupid fuel filter in my truck
* Replace the stupid fuel filter in Chuck's truck
* Install the new faucet and valves in the kitchen
* Fix the stupid leak at the rent house: Phase A, Phase B
* Get kicked off the company ski team.
* Get tickets to the Stars Game
* Give Amy the HFN
* Take Marissa to her soccer game
* Return the stupid SIX wrong speakers for Frans Truck
* Get four more correctly fitting speakers for Frans Truck
* Replaced one of six speakers in Fran's truck
* Get up at O-Dark-Thirty and Take the kids to soccer on News Years Eve
* Install Helmet Locks on the bike
* Take Fran to the Stars Game on News Years Eve
* Get my January ride on the bike locked in.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

All views expressed in this post and on this blog are my own. None of my comments should be construed to represent the views of others including and not limited to: BMC Software Inc., Corel Corporation, Dun and Bradstreet and AC Nielsen. Copyright Chris Hughes 2004-2012