Hughes Blog
Thoughts on Software Development, Project Management, Parenting, and Running.
Saturday, March 24, 2007
Running Texas Style!
When I go to the gym for lunch, change, and then head straight back out the door to run, I am convinced that they are all perplexed why I would not rather run on on of their machines. But, ya never know what one might find out on a run. Certainly the intrigue makes it much more interesting to get out for a real run compared to a treadmill, don't you agree?

Yesterday my point was proven once again. In 19 years of running in Texas, I had never seen one of these critters. Bobcats, yeah, I've seen em. Coyotes, yeah, they are everywhere, just open your eyes. Heck once a skunk even chased me through the park. But this, was a first. This guy was leisurely crossing Tarpley Road at mile 6.5 of my 7.6 mile loop:

Tarantula

---

Labels: , ,



Comments:
In all my years of living in Texas, I've never seen a tarantula. Thank God! I'll take those big friggin cockroaches over that any day!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

All views expressed in this post and on this blog are my own. None of my comments should be construed to represent the views of others including and not limited to: BMC Software Inc., Corel Corporation, Dun and Bradstreet and AC Nielsen. Copyright Chris Hughes 2004-2012