Hughes Blog
Thoughts on Software Development, Project Management, Parenting, and Running.
Monday, May 28, 2007
War!
Saturday I did a nest check on the Martins. The the ASY (Adult - means "after second year") pairs were all doing great. But the SY (Sub-adult) pair had two eggs down from four. That meant that a sparrow had likely invaded the nest.

I got out the gun, and nailed a female. I think it was a female. I was aiming at a male, but he fell in my neighbors yard. I think my neighbor picked it up. He may not be too happy with me. But anyway, I could not identify the bird. That said, the male, the one that killed the eggs, sat on the house for two days trying to attract a new female - which is why I think it must have been the original female that I killed. Drats. Sunday, I bagged a male, but not the male.

Today I notice more Martin eggs on the rocks under the house. So I did another nest check and that Sparrow got the rest of the subbies eggs. This is war.

The good news is that one of the adult pair hatched two babies! :-)


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

All views expressed in this post and on this blog are my own. None of my comments should be construed to represent the views of others including and not limited to: BMC Software Inc., Corel Corporation, Dun and Bradstreet and AC Nielsen. Copyright Chris Hughes 2004-2012