Hughes Blog
Thoughts on Software Development, Project Management, Parenting, and Running.
Tuesday, June 12, 2007
Lukes All Comers Meet #4
Tonight I ran the mile, just like two weeks ago. There were a couple of fundamental differences however. First, this meet was at Greenhill instead of Jesuit. The Greenhill track was pristine. But it was the also the first time that I had run on it. It was 90 degrees, which was at least 10 degrees warmer than the last event. And of course, I spent all week in France, where I did no speed work at all.

Results: 77.59, 2:36.35 (78.81), 3:54.72 (78.38), 5:13.23 (78.51).

I ran a better tactical race. I got out in third position after the first 100. And I basically stayed in third position through the until about 200 to go, and kid came zooming by me. I hung with the leaders until the last lap - but I did not have any turnover. Coach Vaughan said that was the problem and he attributed that to my trip. I should note for the record that the French food resulted in a gain of 2 pounds.

---

Labels: , , ,



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

All views expressed in this post and on this blog are my own. None of my comments should be construed to represent the views of others including and not limited to: BMC Software Inc., Corel Corporation, Dun and Bradstreet and AC Nielsen. Copyright Chris Hughes 2004-2012