Hughes Blog
Thoughts on Software Development, Project Management, Parenting, and Running.
Monday, October 08, 2007
Goodbye old friend, you served me well.
Friday morning 4:00am, I awoke, showered (for what would have to serve me two days - sheesh), and threw on some running gear and sweats. I got Fran out of bed so that she could drop me off at the DART station where I grabbed the first train to Park Lane. A short hike later and I found myself at the front door of the Surgical Center at 5:45. The guard let me in and was a bit surprised when I found out I was a patient and not the paper boy!

A little after 6am I was prepped and readied for surgery. Montgomery signed my leg, and then Big Jim also came in a drew a big X on my left knee. The anesthesiologist gave me some Versed and then they wheeled me down the hall to the Operating Room.

The next thing that I remember is the nurse bringing me some ginger ale in recovery. Montgomery came and visited me and told me that he removed the offending tear in the meniscus and also cleaned up some material on the back of the knee cap. The PT gave me some exercises and then Fran turned up and dragged me home.

The knee has not hurt at all. Period. I have been taking Advil to control swelling, and asprin to prevent blood clots. And that's it for pain medicine, since there is no pain. Today I am walking around with no limping and no pain. The range of motion is not there yet, but I expect it will come quickly. Amazing!

I guess I should miss that cartilage, after all I have in excess of 30,000 miles of running with it. But the last year has been a problem. So it was time to part ways.

---

Labels: , ,



Comments:
Well. I would have pretended I had pain. Otherwise how would I get more good drugs???

Glad to hear everything went well and you are on the mend!
 
In fact I did 20 min on the stationary bike today at level 6. Prob 3+ miles.

And they gave me a bunch of good drugs - I just did not take them! :-) Heck I have Beer and Scotch - I don't really need anything more than that!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

All views expressed in this post and on this blog are my own. None of my comments should be construed to represent the views of others including and not limited to: BMC Software Inc., Corel Corporation, Dun and Bradstreet and AC Nielsen. Copyright Chris Hughes 2004-2012