Hughes Blog
Thoughts on Software Development, Project Management, Parenting, and Running.
Saturday, August 02, 2008
Workout Notes 2008 Week 29
Every attempt to screw up my workouts was made this week. Somehow I managed decent work in spite of Murphy's valiant attempts! Starting Monday, I do not recall the exact reason that I decided to work from home, but I did so nonetheless. After my morning calls, Reagan and Logan rode their bikes with me to the park and I knocked out a tough 8x90 workout in the heat. Usually I do this workout on the soccer fields, but that would not keep the kids occupied, so instead I did this near the pond, where I could watch the kids. But the terrain is much more challenging compared to the soccer pitch. Tuesday morning I flew to Austin for some meetings with my boss and his boss. After the meetings, I did a nice run through the neighborhoods near the office. Austin is hilly, unlike Dallas. Ahem. Wednesday, still in Austin, I went to the Lifetime Fitness to get in a swim. I got in some good work in their outdoor pool - which was a 25 M pool unlike the Dallas Lifetime outdoor pools. Thursday was the last day in our office in North Dallas. Friday we moved the office a couple of miles north to Plano. I had a 300-300 workout which I needed to do in the afternoon instead of the usual plan to meet coach Vaughan at SMU in the evening. I choose a local middle school for this workout - but having never ran on that track, I failed to realize that it was short (by about 80 meters!) until I actually got through the first set in world record time! :-) Sheesh! Friday, they were moving the office, so I had to work from home. I took Logan with me to Lifetime Garland where I attempted to do a decent workout in their outdoor pool while Logan played in the leisure pool. Well that did not really work out well. But I got in 1800 yards and I taught Logan how to do a flip turn! :-) Friday night, me, Logan and Marissa spent the night in Arlington Texas, as Marissa had a 7:30am soccer game over there. I got up at 4:20 or so, and did a 70 minute run before the getting the girls up and ready for their game. Sunday I was just plain pooped! Marissa had three games on Saturday plus Logan had an indoor game in N Dallas - which I had to coach. Madness. Meanwhile Fran and Reagan had been goofing around with Bart Conner and Nadia Comenche since Thursday. Sunday I waited for them to get home and I managed a nice easy 30 minute loop in the evening to wrap up one crazy week! No bike this week. :-(

Monday July 14 - Intervals - Breckinridge Park 8x:90(:90) MaxHR - 185 - 9 miles run.

Tuesday July 15 - 45 minutes easy distance in Austin - 6 miles run.

Wednesday July 16- 500 WU, 500 Pull, 5x100 on 2, 250 pull, 5x50 on 1, 300 pull, 2x150 on 2:30, 400 pull - 3000 Lifetime Austin.

Thursday July 17 - Long Middle School - 300-300x2 - 6.75 Mile Run - 183 Max HR

Friday July 18 - 1800 Yard Swim (1650M) -Lifetime Garland with Logan.

Saturday July 19 - 70 min run, Arlington Texas, 7.7 miles run.

Sunday July 20 - 30 min easy, Breckinridge Park, 4 miles run.

Weight Unknown.

Total for the week:
Run - 33.45 Miles
Bike - 0 Miles
Swim - 4650 Meters

Total for July:
Run - 84.40 Miles
Bike - 219.1 Miles
Swim - 13650 Meters

Back to Week 1 * 2 * 3 * 4 * 5 * 6 * 7 * 8 * 9 * 10 * 11 * 12 * 13 * 14 * 15 * 16 * 17 * 18 * 19 * 20 * 21 * 22 * 23 * 24 * 25 * 26 * 27 * 28

Coach Vaughan Running Program

---

Labels: , , , ,



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

All views expressed in this post and on this blog are my own. None of my comments should be construed to represent the views of others including and not limited to: BMC Software Inc., Corel Corporation, Dun and Bradstreet and AC Nielsen. Copyright Chris Hughes 2004-2012