Hughes Blog
Thoughts on Software Development, Project Management, Parenting, and Running.
Monday, May 25, 2009
Big Ed's Memorial Day Batch
Memorial Day - might as well make some beer! I am still tweaking the all grain recipe. For today I simplified the grains:

12.00 lbs of Great West 2 row
1.00 lbs of Carafoam (which is what I had been using for my extract brews.)

I reused the Safale US-05.

The infusion mash was working well and the lauter tun is great! I think I got the volume to 6 gallons.

1.375 ounces of Hallertau Hops (7.5%) Boiling
0.625 ounce of Hallertau Hops (7.5%) Finishing

Specific Gravity: 1.046

June 7 - Specific Gravity 1.012 - In the bottle.

----

Labels: , , ,



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

All views expressed in this post and on this blog are my own. None of my comments should be construed to represent the views of others including and not limited to: BMC Software Inc., Corel Corporation, Dun and Bradstreet and AC Nielsen. Copyright Chris Hughes 2004-2012