Hughes Blog
Thoughts on Software Development, Project Management, Parenting, and Running.
Monday, January 03, 2011
2010 Year In Review
2010 was a tough year in a lot of ways. During the previous two years, I had racked up 10 Overall Masters Titles, five each in 08 and 09. This year, I was unable to successfully defend any of those titles. It was not that I was slower either, just not fast enough! I did manage to win two new masters titles at the end of the year, at DRC and at the Jogr. So that's not such a bad thing!

Also - I finished the year ranked 18th in the SMW Triathlon Rankings for my age group. I also finished 2009 ranked 18th!

Race Results:
McKinney Triathlon - First AG
Classic Rock Triathlon - Second AG
Two White Dogs Duathlon - First AG (3rd overall)
TriRock - First AG
Prairieman - Third AG
Stonebridge Ranch - First AG
DRC 5K - First Overall Masters (3rd overall)
Sachse Turkey Trot - First AG (3rd overall)
Penguin Run - First AG
Jogr Egg Nogr - First Overall Masters

Beyond all of that, I ran a bunch of track meets; did the STH 100 Mile Bike; and did the STH 10,000 Meter Swim.

One of the most amazing things from 2010, is that I had no zero days in the log book; I managed to get a workout every day of the year. That was a first. And that included working though the very badly sprained ankle on March 1. Several other firsts: two PRs for Swim Distance - 5K and 10K. And the most swim mileage in a month and in a year. No international travel this year helped all of that.







Lifetime:
Run - 30196 Miles
Bike - 12956 Miles
Swim - 1248243 Meters





Labels: , , , ,



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

All views expressed in this post and on this blog are my own. None of my comments should be construed to represent the views of others including and not limited to: BMC Software Inc., Corel Corporation, Dun and Bradstreet and AC Nielsen. Copyright Chris Hughes 2004-2012