Hughes Blog
Thoughts on Software Development, Project Management, Parenting, and Running.
Sunday, December 16, 2012
Race Report: Jogr Egg Nogr


This year it was a lot warmer than last year, but not too bad really in the low 50s. Unlike last year, I had a nice 3x1200 session on Wednesday where I was able to hold 5:45 pace. My left Achilles was really achy though.

I did the traditional warm-up around Norbuck with strides on the grass. I miss all of the workouts that I have done in that park over the years. I got on the T7s and headed to the start, where I found Joan D, who I had not seen in a while. The startline was jam packed with little kids four deep on the line - so we were quite a ways off the line.

The gun went off and so did the pack of kids! I was not really held up by them, but it was way more crowded than I was used to. It did not really thin out until we got to the West Lawther exit. My legs felt pretty good at this point and I tried to work it hard.

I was really surprised when I saw Coach Vaughan calling out the splits at mile 1. He had me in 5:36. I was not too far back when we hit the turnaround. It did not appear that there were any Masters runners in front of me at that point. I was still feeling good was able to push it hard up the bridge; across the bridge and on the home stretch coming back to Norbuck on East Lawther. The clock was not working when I hit the line and it turns out my watch did not get started correctly either. I had no idea what my time was!


Heading under Buckner into the park

I went out for a cool down jog and found Laura and Coach Vaughan back at the finish line when I was done. Pretty soon thereafter they posted the results which had me as the first over all masters in 18:36. Again, not a spectacular time, but much better than the Turkey Trot!


First over 25!





Now for some rest!

---

Labels: , , , ,



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

All views expressed in this post and on this blog are my own. None of my comments should be construed to represent the views of others including and not limited to: BMC Software Inc., Corel Corporation, Dun and Bradstreet and AC Nielsen. Copyright Chris Hughes 2004-2012