Hughes Blog
Thoughts on Software Development, Project Management, Parenting, and Running.
Sunday, November 24, 2013
Best of the best



I had been considering doing a late season triathlon and the long range weather indicated that this race would be run in some mild weather. So I signed up!

Race morning I got to Denton early which gave me plenty of time to warmup. I managed 750 yards for the warmup and felt pretty good for the race in spite of having a head on collision in the pool!

All the usual suspects were in attendance. ArchieS was wearing #22 starting right in front of me at #23. ToddB was farther up in the swim, sporting the latest in fast googles! BradS and ScottO were behind.

The swim was uneventful. I passed a Loncar Jersey in the pool, and thought it was Archie but it was someone else as Arch was right in from of me as I exited the pool. I was in and out of transition fairly quickly and started hammering on the bike. My legs were a bit dead however. I probably should have not done the 40 mile RBM ride the day before the race! I was not able to keep with Arch and BradS also passed me. I was able to stay ahead of Scott however.


Bike Done

Transition two was also pretty good, although Scott beat me out of transition. I hung behind him on the run, but was not able to catch him. I did pass Todd and right at the end I nipped Brad.

That was good enough for 10th overall and the Grand Masters Award, which included a huge trophy and a Muscle Milk Backpack!

The cool thing about this race is that Dallas Athletes gave away all their old race shirts and other swag. I grabbed a couple of Disco Shirts for Reagan and Logan; a Monster shirt for Fran; and a Black X-50 hat for me!




Overall GrandMasters


Labels: , , , ,



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

All views expressed in this post and on this blog are my own. None of my comments should be construed to represent the views of others including and not limited to: BMC Software Inc., Corel Corporation, Dun and Bradstreet and AC Nielsen. Copyright Chris Hughes 2004-2012