Hughes Blog
Thoughts on Software Development, Project Management, Parenting, and Running.
Sunday, February 02, 2014
2013 Year In Review

Turkey Trot 2013

Executive Summary -

After several years of dealing with nagging injury from running track, this year I decided to focus instead on Triathlon. The nagging PF and Achilles Tendinitis disappeared. I was able to improve overall volume for Run, Bike and Swim! I tackled some longer distance triathlon events and did well. In the SMW AG Rankings I moved up from sixth to fifth - my highest placement ever. And for overall USAT I moved into the top 200 in my age group willing my first "honorable mention".


SouthMidWest Final Rankings



USAT Final Rankings


Total for 2013:
Run - 1655 Miles
Bike - 4407 Miles
Swim - 471633 Meters


Lifetime:
Run - 34641 Miles
Bike - 23637 Miles
Swim - 2477660 Meters

On the race front I won several Age Groups firsts; an overall masters award; two overall grandmasters awards. And one third overall. Stonebridge Ranch was my first olympic distance race.

Race Results:
Dallas Rock and Roll Half Marathon 2nd 50-54 AG

Texas Man X50 - Overall Grandmaster

Disco X50 - Overall Grandmasters

TWU Pioneer Triathlon First Overall Grandmasters

Blackland - First 50-54 AG

Best of the Best - Overall Grandmasters

Sachse Turkey Trot 1st 50-54 AG (first over 36)

Jogr Egg Nogr 5K First 50-54 AG

SMW Triathlon fifth place AG











Labels: , ,



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

All views expressed in this post and on this blog are my own. None of my comments should be construed to represent the views of others including and not limited to: BMC Software Inc., Corel Corporation, Dun and Bradstreet and AC Nielsen. Copyright Chris Hughes 2004-2012